Making a claim
As Insurance Brokers, we ensure our clients understand the process to follow in the event of a claim.
Your policy documentation will also include additional information regarding what to do and who to call or contact in the event of a loss. This must be your first port of call, to inform the relevant insurer, as soon as possible. You may find this to be particularly useful if you need to report a claim outside of business hours.
When you receive your policy documents:
- Make sure you know what to do, in the event you need to make a claim.
- Keep a note of your policy number with the claim information.
- Consider giving copies to other people who may need access to that information.
If you need to make a claim:
- Notify the claim to the insurer as soon as possible. Most policies will stipulate a time frame for doing so and the quicker it is notified, the quicker the insurer can start to deal with your claim.
- If at all possible, have your policy documents to hand so you can answer any questions asked.
- If for any reason you are not able to report the claim immediately, remember that you have a duty to take reasonable actions to mitigate the loss and prevent further damage.
- Customers in the Llyn, Caernarfon, Pwllheli and Porthmadog areas may also benefit from a specialist claims service we are able to offer via our partners Lorega Loss Adjusters